Mas de Daumas Gassac Rouge, Mas de Daumas Gassac, Languedoc, France 2014

£22.00 

This product is currently sold out.

Please fill in the form below if you'd like to be notified when it becomes available.

Organic

Mas de Daumas Gassac

Located on exceptional terroirs, the vines grow on a deep, well-drained soil formed by glacial deposits and the upper Gassac valley has a cool microclimate that allows a longer growing season. The vineyards have been created in small plots or clearings surrounded by forest and garrigue. The wines consequently soak up the fragrances of the surrounding plant life of laurel, thyme, rosemary, lavender, arbutus, fennel, wild mint and lentisque. Daumas Gassac embraces an organic culture, eschewing chemical fertilizers, using only natural dung compost as well as tree and straw cuttings. The yields are naturally low (35 hl/ha), allowing the wine to express the terroir more than the grape variety and the vines are manually harvested. 

The vineyard for the red wine is situated on a 40 hectare hill in the heart of the property and is planted with 80% of old Cabernet Sauvignon grafted onto root-stock R110 and 41B. The remaining 20% of vines are composed of 10 complementary grape varieties: Cot from Cahors, Merlot from Pomerol, Cab Franc from the Val de Loire, Syrah from Côte-Rôtie, Tannat from Madiran, Pinot from Burgundy, Nebbiolo from Piedmont, Grenache from the Languedoc, Tempranillo from Navarre, Voskehat and Kontorni from Armenia, Salte from Syria as well as the small (very small) presence of ancient grape varieties from Georgia.

The white grape varieties are grown on the surrounding white lutetian limestone. This vineyard is composed of 20% each of the following grape varieties: Viognier from Condrieu, Chardonnay from Burgundy, Chenin from the Loire and Petit Manseng from Jurançon. The remaining 20% of vines include grape varieties from Georgia, Armenia, Madeira etc., as well as the slightly better known Roussanne, Marsanne, Clairette, Muscat.

Similar Products