Chateau de Pez, Saint Estephe, Bordeaux-Left Bank, France 2011
This product is currently sold out.
Ancient estate – top reputation
The oldest winery in the district of St. Estephe, Château de Pez was established in 1452 by Jean de Briscos.
It is now owned by Louis Roederer Champagne, just the latest chapter in a very eventful history, which included a period of time spent under the ownership of the state in the aftermath of the French Revolution.
Nowadays, the estate has developed a reputation that sees it acknowledged as among the leading Bourgeois Superieur wines of the Medoc appellation.
The 2008 is a rich tannic, quite complex, balanced wine with emphasis on ripe dark fruits. Expertly blended from Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon with a dash of Petit Verdot.